When it comes to making a perfect and tasty pie pastry, there are different things that you should consider. In detail, first of all, make sure that all the ingredients for the pie are cold. Besides, the butter needs to be cubed, and it will be best for you if you can chill the flour before start making your pie. Always use chilled water to make pie crust. The reason is if you use warm ingredients, you will get a tough tart crust.
However, you can’t ignore this step. In addition, when you use fruit, make sure that they perfectly ripen. So, want to make a delicious pie pastry? Here are two different ways that you can try.
Pie Pastry Recipe 1
For, This You Will Need The Following Ingredients.
- A 9-inch baked pie crust
- Fresh and juicy strawberries
- White sugar, cornstarch, heavy cream and water
- In a pastry pot, put half of the strawberries in it. Now take small to a medium saucepan and combine sugar with berries. Then on medium heat, put a pan and boil the mixture while stirring.
- Now take water and cornstarch in a small bowl. Then slowly add the cornstarch mixture into the boiling strawberry mixture.
- Then lower the heat and let the mixture get cold it for around 10 minutes. But keep steering it continuously.
- Now in the pastry pot, pour the mixture. However, before serving it, chill the pie pastry for some hours, and serve it with some cream and let your guest enjoy the pastry.
Pie Pastry Recipe 2
For, This You Will Need The Following Necessary Ingredients
- Two sheets of roll-out pie crust
- Some melted butter
- White sanding sugar for topping
- Washed and fresh strawberries
- Granulated sugar, cornstarch, and salt
Pie Pastry Preparation Method
- First, preheat the oven at 350 Degree F. Then roll out the pie crust and put it in a plate of 9-inch size. Now the crimp the edges. Moreover, you will attain a better presentation style.
- Roll the second sheet into ½ inch and cut the sheet using your pastry knife properly. Mix all the ingredients properly for filling. Then pour the mixture into the pie pastry crust.
- Then arrange the strips over the pie top and tuck the edge. Take some melted butter and brush the top. Then sprinkle some sanding sugar.
- Now, bake the pie for around 25 to 30 minutes. However, remember to lower the temperature to 300 Degree F later. After that, make it for another ½ hour. Make sure that the top of the pastry turns beautiful golden brown. Before serving, let it cool and serve it with strawberry cream.
The Process Of Making Perfect Strawberry Whipped Cream:
Ingredients that you will need are:
- Whipping cream, vanilla extract
- Confectioners’ sugar and strawberry jam
Now take a medium bowl and mix the heavy cream till it thickens. Then add vanilla and sugar. In the end, add jam and mix it well. That’s it. Your strawberry whipped cream is now ready.