If you love baking pastries, then you must have sometimes felt the urge to experiment and bake new varieties of the pastries. Well, one such variety of pastries can be Danish pasty recipes. Moreover, the so-called Danish pastry recipe got its origin in Vienna as a popular dessert treat. Moreover, the Danish pastry can be made with very normal and easily available ingredients, such as flour, eggs, milk, and even yeast.
Well, here is a wonderful Danish pastry recipe which you can prepare easily at home.
Scrumptious Danish Pastry Recipe
If you are a Danish pastry lover, this is the perfect recipe for you. In addition, you will need 50 minutes to 1 hour to prepare the pastry while you need 16 minutes to cook it.
For Making The Dough
- 1 cup of cold milk;
- 4 teaspoons of yeast;
- 2 cups of unsalted butter;
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla;
- 2 eggs (large);
- 1/3rd cup of sugar (granulated);
- 2-1/2 teaspoons of salt;
- ½ c up of lukewarm water;
- 5-1/2 cups of all-purpose flour;
- 1 teaspoon of cardamom (grounded);
Making The Cheese Filling
- An egg (large);
- ¼ teaspoon of salt;
- ½ cup of cream cheese;
- 3 tablespoon of sugar;
- ½ cup of cottage cheese
For The Fruit Filling
- 1 to ¼ cups of jam or even a canned fruit pie filling.
For The Topping
- A large egg beaten well with 1 tablespoon of cold water
For Making The Glaze
- A pinch of salt;
- 1-/2 cups of confectioner’s sugar;
- Crushed nuts;
- 2 tablespoons of water or milk
- Firstly, take 2 tablespoons of butter from the lot of butter you have. In addition, you need to use the 2 tablespoons of butter immediately but do not need the remaining butter.
- Secondly, take a large bowl and whisk in the cardamom, sugar, yeast, salt, and the flour. Now, take 2 tablespoon of butter and rub it between your fingers while making sure that no lumps remain.
- Moreover, you need to coat the flour with the butter as this will make sure that the pastry is made a little tender.
- Next, add in the milk, water, eggs, and vanilla and knead them together to make a dough. It will be a little sticky.
- Moreover, cover the dough with a plastic wrap and set is aside for 10 minutes.
Make The Pastry
- Now, cut the remaining butter into long sticks while making 8 long rectangles. Take a floured parchment paper and place the 4 butter pieces for forming the rectangles.
- Moreover, sprinkle a little bit of flour on it and cover it with another parchment paper.
- Now, gently pound the butter until you get it to 6”X9”. Repeat this particular step for the remaining 4 slices of butter.
- In addition, roll the dough into the shape of a rectangle and place each stick of the butter into the centre third of the prepared dough.
- Moreover, fold the dough carefully while covering the butter stick.
- Now dust the flour off the dough and keep it in the fridge for 20 minutes. After it has cooled, take it out and again roll it into the shape of a rectangle.
- In addition, make the cheese filling while combining together all the ingredients.
- Moreover, remove the dough from the fridge and cut it into one third pieces and bake the Danish pastry for 1 hour.
- Sprinkle the pastry with water or egg topping to give it a shining look.